Happy Holidays Dear Friends,
It's 2 days til Christmas and all through the store, people are scurrying for those last minute gifts. If you find yourself in that place, remember you can send an email gift card! Find your gift card HERE
We finally got enough snow to stick for our "White Christmas" memories and I'm looking forward to cuddling up with a good book to read for the day. I hope this holiday season finds you warm and cozy under a lovely quilt!
Blocks of the Month and Kits:
Our new Anteli Block of the Month is ready for you! We are currently on month 4 but it's never too late to start.
Nine to a Cabin- Batik Version Kit
This kit is a lovely combination of navy, purple, coral and creamy tones. All strips needed for top are precut for you! Size: 66" x 82"
Fabulous Kit- This gorgeous Block of the Month is now ready to go as an enitre quilt kit. Size: 94" x 94"
Love Wildlife Kit- This quilt kit can be made in a weekend! This quilt is great for beginners or for anyone looking a wildlife themed quilt. Size: 80" x 80"
Dawn's Light Kits will be ready for pickup on Jan 1st- These queen sized kits are packed in a cute little project bag that wil help keep all your fabrics together as you make this easy and impactful quilt. Size: 95" x 107"
See below for the upcoming retreats, classes and events
- Mini Retreats: Come join us for a weekend each month to work on projects, learn new things, and hang out with a great group of ladies! We have filled the January and February Retreats but have March- May retreat spots available. Please call us for the exact dates and sign up availability 406-586-6097 or see our calendar with this link.
- Foundational Learning Class 101- Beginning Quilting- Join for a great foundational class with will help you learn the essentials of your quilting basics. Starting January 8th Beginning Quilting
- Artist in You Class by Sue Olsen Two Consecutive Saturdays: May 18 & 25 spots are filling quickly. You will making a unique wall hanging from an original photograph of your choosing. If there are still open spots, sign ups will close on April 1st Cost: $125 + supplies Sign up
- Cathedral Window Class- Joins us for an impactful project that is so much easier than it looks. We will making a topper version of this runner in class. Saturday, Jan 27th 9a-1p Sign up here
- Rope Bowl and More Class- We are having a blast with these fast and fun projects. In this class, you will leave with an item to use or give as a gift.
- Great for sewists of all levels! Thurs, Jan 11th I Want to Play with Rope
- FIESTA FRIDAY @ 5- Join us for a fun evening of festive food, fun and an engaging project. We have a fun new project up our sleevesat each new class. We will be unvieling it shortly after the new year. Check out the 2024 dates here. Sign up for one or all in the series! Next class: Feb 9th
- Paper Piecing Basics class- Join us to a cute Starter Project that will help to practice paper piecing skills. Jan 16th 5-8pm Sign up HERE
- Birthday Club 2024 Update: We have three groups full for 2024. We will be sending you an email next week about picking up fabrics and more vital info if you've already signed up.There is a little interest in a 4th group- if you'd like to join us, please email info@mainstreetquiltingco and let us know! We need 12 people to complete a group, so gather a friend or two and join in the fun.
New on Our Shelves:
Machine Corner: A Quilter's Takeover!
Quilters are the hidden gems of the quilt making process. They can really make your hard work shine! We can help them do their job well. Here are a few tips:
1. Use an acurate 1/4" seam everytime you sew.
2. Trim off stray threads as you make the blocks.
3. Press well. Try to get all seams as flat as possible. It helps to nestle seams!
4. Check your quilt top with an eagle eye- look for holes in the seams and stray threads to trim.
5. Make sure your backing has the required extra inches on all sides. Typically 4" larger than your quilt is a good amount (but consult your quilter).
Need a new machine? Let us help you get into the best tool for your best work. Stop in and see us. The Holiday promo goes through Dec 31st
Machine Service and Repairs:
Our sewing machine expert's service schedule has filled so quickly for months now. Please call us at 406-586-6097 to get a reservation for your machine. We are now filling the January and February slots. Walk-in machines require prepayment. We are able to service and repair all makes and models of machines: Embroidery, Sewing and Sergers.
Main Street Quilting Company Winter Hours:
Open Monday - Saturday 10a - 4pm
Closed for Christmas, December 25-26
Open Dec 23rd from 10-2pm
Dec 28-30 Skinny Bolt and Holiday Fabric Sale 10-4p
Open Dec 30 from 10-2pm
Closed for New Years, January 1
Closed Jan 2-3 for Inventory