Main Street Quilting Co News for May/June 2018
Today it feels like Spring... Rain and all! We held our Mini Retreat this weekend at the store.There was a lot of progress made on our UFOs this weekend. We enjoyed time enjoying each other's company and meeting new friends. As always, Gloria outdid herself with the food! Want to join in on a retreat? Let us know! We are putting another retreat in our schedule for early fall.
Last week I had the opportunity to go to the Kimberbell Certification Training in Logan Utah. We spent two and a half days learning all about the Kimberbell Events we are now certified to bring to the store and we even got to tour the Kimberbell facilites where all the magic happens. What fun projects they have in the works including an amazing Halloween quilt! It was full of surprises and I cannot wait to get it in the store! There will be an embroiedery machine version and a sewing version. Let me know ASAP which one I can order for you! Kim let us see the newest from Broomhildas Bakery. I can only share a sneak peak with you! It will be unveiled to everyone next month but until then...
- Stash Busters- Scheduled for the last Monday of each month @ 6 pm * note date change in May due to Holiday weekend*. In this class, we use our stash and have a fun dessert too! For May 21- you will need about 40 strips of 2 1/2" plus 1 yard for backing and 22" x 72" batting rectangle. We'll be doing a quilt as you go project!! Please call ahead so I know how much dessert we need. Cost: $25 plus supplies
- Jelly Roll Rug Class- June 1-2 We had a blast with our first two classes and we're doing it again! Space is limited so sign up for this day and a half class. There is a bit of prep work for this class so come in and get your supplies when you sign up. Cost: $40 plus supplies.
- Beginning Quilting Mini Camp- Thursday Evenings- Next 4 week session starting May 24th. You will learn to make 5 basic blocks and add the setting that you desire for a runner or a table topper. Look what Pam did below! If you want to learn to quilt but don’t have the time for a 12 week class, we have you covered. Learn to make 5 different quilt blocks in just 4 weeks and finish with a unique table runner. Cost: $75 + supplies
- Beginning Quilting Full Session- 12 weeks- starts September 2018 sign up now!!- Make your own sampler quilt in twelve 3hr sessions! When class is completed, you’ll be ready to tackle all those projects you’ve always wanted to create! Cost: $150 + supplies
- Intermediate Quilting- 14 weeks starting August 16th Sign up now!! Space is limited If you have taken any of our Beginner Quilting classes, you are ready to move on and advance your quilting skills. We will be using the book “Red at Night” and building from what you learned in BQ. There are fourteen 3hr sessions! Cost: $175 + supplies
Fabric Painting and Quilting with Leslie McNeil- June 15-16 We get Leslie for another session of fabric painting and quilting. Many of you missed her the first time. She's coming back for you!! Cost: $75 plus supplies
- Collage Class with Leslie McNeil- June 13-14 Leslie is back!! Please don't miss out on this fun Applique technique. You are free to choose any of Leslie's patterns to make in class. We will not have another session of this class for quite a while to get signed up today! Cost: $75 plus supplies
Birthday Club- For 2018 we have started two new sessions- 24 more wonderful ladies are joining in the fun!! Did you miss out? Let us know-- we love adding more sessions! Here are a few fun photos from our party in April.
Ready for cake! Look at all those presents!! What beautiful blocks!
Row By Row Experience 2018
Theme: Sew Musical
I cannot wait for you to see our cute row designed by our very own Kendrick!
T-shirt Quilt Class- Marty is coming on June 22-23 for another great T-shirt quilting class. If you have been wanting to make a great memory quilt - it's time. You'll be ready for Christmas early this year. Cost: $40 plus supplies
Sewing for HAVEN
As you might remember, MSQCo had a sale a few years back that benefited Haven, the local women and children's center. This is a charity close to our hearts. We have been once again asked to help this necessary charity... Please see the note below about how you can help!
Hello, We're reaching out to all the quilters and sewing enthusiasts out there to see if anyone would like to join us when they can to sew items for Haven, the local women and children's shelter.
We are looking for donations of good quality fabrics, time sewing, cutting, ironing. We are planning to meet once or twice a month depending on the interest. We will have donated supplies or fabrics, to use to make items. If you would like to donate but don't have time we can accept monetary donations for supplies or quilt store quality fabrics.
Gwen at Main Street Quilting has graciously agreed to let us use her classroom as a work space we can gather in to make items. We will set a date for sewing as soon as we know who can participate.
Haven can use pillowcases, curtains (contact Misti for sizes), table runners, table cloths, quilts or bed runners and weighted blankets.
We will have patterns for items to make and can teach you how to make pillowcases using a sewing machine or serger to those interested.
We have started to get some donations of fabrics and now it's time to coordinate efforts for a great cause and give these women and children something from our hearts as they start a new journey.
MSQCo Summer Hours
Mon - Fri 10am - 6pm
Sat 10am - 5pm
Sun 12pm - 3pm ** Sunday hours start after Memorial Day (June 3)
Sewing Machine Service and Repairs
Our technician, Cameron, comes to us every other week. He has experience with ALL makes and models of sewing machines, sergers and embroidery machines. Please call us at 406-586-6097 to get on our repair list to ensure he has room in the schedule for your machines.