April 7th News from Main Street Quilting Co
Hello Main Street Quilting Co Friends,
What a strange time in which we are living. I pray this finds you well, safe at home and sewing away the days. While I am thankful for health and safety, I am missing so many things: customers in our store, hugs from friends, my sweet and helpful employees and the bustle of downtown. The COVID-19 virus has us all living through an unprecedented, unexpected and uncertain time. Here at the store, we are conducting business is a whole new way. I never thought I'd be here alone working without my staff and without our customer family. But we are making it work. Life is just different for all of us right now.
It's my birthday in a few days and my hubby keeps asking what I want for my birthday. There's not much I need (except maybe more coffee or another bottle of wine) and while there is nothing that I really want for myself, I started thinking about it... I do really want our small business to survive this pandemic and I pray this for all the downtown businesses.
Quilter's have been preparing for this: sewing for days on end and now your time. If you are like so many of us, there is little that you need in your sewing room but we are still here for you. When you have used up all your fabric making medical masks, call us. When you need another project to keep your hands busy, call us. When you need a little help on a project- call us! Here are a few things to know about how Main Street Quilting Co is conducting business right now:
- Per Governor Orders: We are not allowing customers in our store to browse and shop, this protects both of us. My immune system is not a strong one so I am taking every precaution. For that reason, we have shortened hours and are only using our backdoor for pickups and machine drop offs. I'm pretty sure my fingerprints are going to dry up and disappear with the amount of hand sanitizer being used! So I will be soaking in vats of lotion when not at the store.
- Doing It Differently- We are finding creative ways to help you pick out your projects and get what you need! We are using emails, text messaging, phone calls and video calls to help you get exactly what you need.
- Video Shopping- You can have a private shopping excursion with me! There's a great free app for smart phones called "WhatsUp" and we've been using this video calling technology to virtually shop together! It's been really fun to have this private shopping time with you. Picking out fabrics is one of my very favorite things to do, I'm here for you and your next project!
- Online, Call In or Email Ordering: We have two options for getting what you need into your hands. 1st- We are mailing daily. The mailbox at the corner makes it super handy to send deliveries each afternoon. 2nd- Curbside pickup is actually backdoor pickup at our backdoor. I will have orders labeled on the ledge or bench on the left side when you step in the backdoor.
- Order Delivery: I have been wracking up the miles and enjoying our lovely valley. It's been fun getting out and delivering what you need. Delivery is available on orders over $50 and will be made on Wednesdays each week.
- Next Service: This Friday, April 10th- We have room for about 8 more machines. I know mask making projects are going hot and heavy right now- But if you need a service, we can get it back to you within a day. Bring it in Thursday afternoon- pick it up Friday afternoon!
- Machine Service Technician- Cameron, our amazing service tech, is going to keep coming to service machines as long as he is able to travel. He is an independent contractor a travels to many stores in the West. During this time, there have been many stores who are not able to have him come to work in their stores. I would still like to help him provide for his family so we will try to keep our normal bi-weekly schedule.
- Weekends: Feel free to email or order online during the weekends to be processed on Monday. As I am still healing from my ankle surgery, I need to have a bit less time on my feet so I may not be able to come in on the weekends. If I'm feeling strong, I will pop in and check on messages and orders.
- Phone Calls: I am here and available to take calls from 12 pm - 4 pm Monday through Friday. Please leave a message! I am getting messages as soon as possible and am returning calls in order received.
- MSQCo's Machine Drop Off procedure and pickup has changed so be sure to contact us prior to bringing in your machine. We will not be able to take machines on a walk in basis. Reservations are required. Thank you for understanding our need for taking these precautions.
- Blocks of the Month- I've been working my way through the binder and calling to see if you need me to send more blocks to you. We have Months 7-9 ready for Tara and even room if you want to start this one! We are waiting on patterns for London Blues (but the quilt is back from the quilter!), we have First Blush available full kits and monthly installments, Reflected Harmony also available as a full kit or monthly installment. A Road Trip is still being cut but month one and two should be ready shortly.
- Birthday Club- We have all the fabrics available for all three groups now! Give me a call so I can pull your fabrics and have them ready for you to pickup. I love seeing the blocks that are getting made. Send in those pix- while I won't share them here, I sure do love seeing them.
- Classes- Oh boy, do I miss my classes! I miss teaching and cannot wait to see your faces again. Please be patient as we are still figuring out logistics of how and when to hold our classes, retreats and MYSTERY weekend.
Vintage Trucks PanelVintage Trucks BlueVintage Trucks Cream Vintage Trucks Packed Green
- Beginning Quilting gals- I will be sending a separate email to you all and we will find a time to video call with sometime in the next week. We've got a quilt top to assemble!!
- Finally! You made it through this crazy long and wordy email. We do have something fun coming that I am thrilled about.
- Wendy Marquis is a local artist with a studio in Belgrade MT. Our staff had a painting party at her studio in January and had a blast!! We've been a fan of Wendy Marquis' Art and she is coming out with her artwork on fabrics! We are now able to take pre-orders for her fabrics. I cannot guarantee an unlimited supply. We have ordered what I think will be enough but it's not an exact science to this. The names of each fabric is beneath the photo to help with your online search.
- Here's what is coming. Hop online and get yours ordered today! When they arrive, I will be cutting pre-orders first then if there is anything left... putting the rest out for sale.