Happy New Year from Main Street Quilting Company
Happy New Year! How is it already 2018? I suppose time really does fly when you are having fun. Must be why I can never remember what day it is... We've been planning a lot of fun classes and events for January and February and even into March. With planning and inventory going on at the store we are excited to see what the beginning of 2018 holds! We will be closed the first two Sundays in January for Inventory (Jan 7 and 14). We will be open again on Sundays Jan 21st.
Leslie McNeil is offering four new classes at our store! We have contracted with Leslie to bring us something new and different in 2018. If you have taken a class with her and need encouragement in finishing- come to her Finish It! session. If you want her help with quilting come to her Quilt It! session. We are also bringing Leslie to our store on March 16-17 to teach us Fabric Painting and Thread Play. Leslie will show us how to paint fabric to get just the perfect background for any project. That class will be in March- See below for exact dates and times. Call us today to reserve your spots in her classes. They always go fast!
We've updated our class schedule and we have new fabrics, kits and patterns for you. Not all pictures are in this email so stop in see us!
- - - - Classes and Events- - - -
- Stash Busters- Join us MONDAY Night for a fun way to use up your STASH!! Scheduled for the last Monday of each month, next two classes: Jan 29 6pm and Feb 26 @ 6pm. Bring your stash and use it up! We can share amoungst classmates to find just the right fabrics for your quilt. We will have various quilt sizes from which to choose and a fun dessert too! For Jan Bring: 7 assorted med to dark fabrics @ 1/4 yard each, and 7 assorted light fabrics @ 1/4 yard each. Our theme: Pie Eating Contest --- Half Square Hoedown. There will be pie!! Cost: $25
- Project Bag Class- Join us as we make a bag large enough to hold those mats and rulers! I love how this bag will hold all I need for class or a retreat. This two day class starts on Friday afternoon 4-7pm and continues on Sat from 10-5pm. Stop in the store for your class list and book. February 9-10 Cost: $50 plus supplies
- Garment Construction Class- Our last garment class was so popular, Kendrick is back for another class. This time she will be here to help you with your chosen pattern! You bring the pattern, she will help you sew it! 15% discount on all supplies purchased in the store. Fri & Sat January 19-20 Cost: $50 for both days.
- T-Shirt Quilt Class- Bring your t-shirts (the more the better!) and make a quilt. The results of these classes have been wonderful memory quilts. February 16-17 Fri 3pm-6pm & Sat 10am-5pm Cost: $50 plus book
- Collage Class with Leslie McNeil- Our favorite collage teacher, Leslie McNeil, is coming back to teach from her patterns. If you have not taken a class from Leslie- you won't want to miss this one! Fri & Sat 10am- 4pm both days. Cost: $75 plus supplies. Stop into our store for your pattern and supply list. Remember to take advantage of our 15% discount on all class supplies!
- Pineapple Paper Piecing- Haven't ever paper pieced? Need a refresher course? This is a great class for you. Saturday, January 13 10-4pm Cost: $35 plus supplies (Limited kits will be available in these colors)
- MSQCo Retreat- Winter and Fall 2018 retreats are full! We will be hosting a retreat in January and again in September (dates TBD). I will be sending out a separate email for those who are signed up. If you and/or a group are interested in a Main Street Quilting Get-away, we do offer retreats and mini retreats throughout the year. Call to inquire! 406-586-6097
- Beginner Mini Camp- Starts Jan 9th Tuesday nights for 4 weeks only. Want to learn a few fun quilting techniques? Need a mini refresher course? We offer a 4 session class that results in a fun runner! Jan 9, Jan 16, Jan 23 & 30th 6pm -- 9pm Cost: $75 plus supplies. Stop in to register and get your supply list or call us at 406-586-6097. Check out Pam's runner below!
- Kimberbell Embroidery Class- Embroidery classes for all makes and models of machines. We have a Kimberbell Dealer Program with exclusive designs that you will not find in her "over the counter" collections. You will not want to miss the fun. Class fee plus kit required for each class. Bring your machine, stabilizer, threads and USB stick. Supplies Needed for Jan Class: Heavy Duty Stabilizer, Spray adhesive and one color thread (to contrast with Navy napkin) Cost: $10 + kit. Held the last Weds of each month @ 10am- next classes: Jan 31 and Feb 28
- Kimberbell Two-in-One Embroidery Class- Come to our Make and Take sessions! We will be making an adorable snowman mug rug and a sweet treat holder for valentines. Don't have an embroidery machine? Call ahead to reserve ours. These Two in One classes are perfect if you cannot make our Wednesday Monthly class. Held the first Saturday bi-monthly we will be covering two adorable Kimberbell Exclusive Dealer designs you will not find in her regular software offerings. Saturdays: Feb 3, April 7 @ 10am- 4pm Cost: $30 plus kit
- Finish It! with Leslie McNeil- Friday, February 23 from 1-4pm Cost: $20
- Quilt It! with Leslie McNeil- Saturday, February 24 from 10-3 Cost: $40
- Fabric Painting with Leslie McNeil- Friday, March 16 from 12-4pm Cost: $30
- Thread Play with Leslie McNeil- Saturday, March 17 from 10:30-4 Cost: $40
- Intermediate Quilting Class is almost halfway through our Winter session and I'm looking forward to the Fall session. If you have taken our Beginning Quilting class and are looking for the next level in skill building. Sign up for our next session later this fall. More details to follow!
- Birthday Club Ladies! It's almost time for us to collect all those gorgeous Birthday Blocks you have been making throughout the year. Many have been turned in but if you need to catch up- now is the time! We need all Birthday Blocks to be turned in by March 3rd so we can compile and prepare for our BIRTHDAY PARTY!! Save the date of April 13th @ 5:30 pm to party with us! If you are unable to come on April 13th - please let me know so I can mail your package to arrive on that date.
- New Birthday Club starting for 2018: We have 4 open spots- call us today to join in the fun! We had two clubs going in 2017 because there were so many wonderful ladies who wanted to join. We sure would do that again once the first group is filled. If you are unfamiliar with the Birthday Club- call or email us at email@example.com- We'd love to share the info with you. This is club NOT limited to people who live in our area. We have had gals from all over the United States join the fun!
- Beginning Quilting 12 week session- starting February 20 ** Note date change from previous newsletters. This 12 week session gives you a wonderful start in learning various quilting techniques. Gwen has many tricks and tips to show you a precise and easy way to complete blocks. This class is a prerequisite for the MSQCo Intermediate class. 12 week class starts: February 20-May 8. Cost: $150 plus supplies
- - - Blocks of the Month- - -
- Long Arm Class- Come and learn to use our Long Arm! You will be required to complete the class prior to renting our Long Arm Machine. Friday, Jan 12th 4pm-6pm Cost: $50
We have a few places remaining in each of our Blocks of the Month. Call for more info!
With so many Blocks of the Month ongoing- we are setting aside one day a month for help! Stop in on the Second Sunday of the month and sew with us. We will have our classroom available from 12pm-4pm for those who want assistance with the BOMs. Call ahead to reserve a spot in the classroom 406-586-6097
Floral Menagerie- Applique and PiecingSolstice- Applique MethodOn the Horizon- Piecing
Mystical Prism- Piecing First Blush- Piecing featuring the Starburst Ruler- - - NEW in the Store...
- - - Fabrics, Kits, Patterns, etc!
Wool Mug Rug- sets of four matching rugs in each kit. Designed by a true Montana artist!
New from Plays with Wool: Let It Snow!
Lots of Batik Dots!
Arabesque- I had plans to make a kit but the fabrics are disappearing too quickly. This digital print is gorgeous in person!
Eighty-four bolts of new colors in Batiks- There are some real beauties here!
Newest from Leslie McNeil- We have cork too!!
Tannenbaum- Try a new shape with this fun pattern.
Sneak Peak of the Sweet Pea Collection coming soon!
Mon - Fri 10am - 6pm
Sat 10am - 5pm
Sun 12pm - 3pm
Sewing Machine Service and Repairs
Our technician, Cameron, comes to us every other week. He has experience with ALL makes and models of sewing machines, sergers and embroidery machines. Please call us at 406-586-6097 to get on our repair list to ensure he has room in the schedule for your machines. Cameron will be here next on Jan 12th.